Running Start Program

NEW Running Start Students 

Click Here for Step-by-Step Instructions:
How to Enroll in Running Start

PSD Running Start Handbook
PSD Running Start Agreement

All Running Start students must join and monitor the RHS Running Start Schoology page. The group code is DWPG9-WTJ33

SENIORS Currently Enrolled in Running Start

Click on this link or scan QR below to request a Fall Quarter 2020 EVF:

This link is only for Seniors who participated in the Running Start program last year. See directions at the top of this page if you are a new Running Start student. 

You will need to sign in using your Puyallup School District Outlook e-mail account. If you need assistance with this step, please contact the PSD EdTec help desk:253-841-8600

PIERCE: After you fill out this request form, you will receive an Electronic Verification Form from your Rogers counselor, via e-mail. You and your guardian will need to sign the EVF (physically or electronically) before you submit it to the college. Students can submit their Fall EVFs to:   

Running Start is a statewide program intended to provide students a program option consisting of attendance at certain institutions of higher education and the simultaneous earning of high school and college/university credit.  

Running Start was initiated by the legislature as a component of the 1990 parent and student Learning by Choice Law

Students in grades 11 and 12 are allowed to take college courses at Washington’s community and technical colleges, and at Central Washington University, Eastern Washington University, Washington State University, and Northwest Indian College.

Running Start Students and their families do not pay tuition, but they do pay college fees and buy their own books, as well as provide their own transportation. Students receive both high school and college credit for these classes and therefore accelerate their progress through the education system. The exercise of that right is subject only to minimal eligibility and procedural requirements, which are spelled out, in state administrative rules. See RCW 28A.600.300 for more information.